The private academic institution “Canadian Institute of Technology” (CIT) was established in 2011. Its philosophy aims to provide potential students with the necessary and competitive skills demanded by the Albanian and Balkan region as well as the European and North-American labor markets.
Offering the curricula in the English language makes it possible for CIT to use the latest teaching methodologies with updated academic materials and to open larger horizons for graduates in the Balkan region and beyond.
In the academic year, 2012-2013, CIT was licensed for Bachelor and Master Programs (Decision of the Minister of Education and Science No. 487, date 18.10.2012). Several changes have been introduced by the present government to the laws of higher education. As a consequence, the accreditation process was frozen until new procedures were later established. In spite of this situation, CIT persisted and gained the trust of its students. The institution survived 4 years without accreditation and succeeded to establish a relationship of mutual trust with its students. These students played a decisive role in convincing new students to be registered by assuring them that obtaining accreditation is a question of time seeing that CIT was performing very well. Without accreditation, the number of students increased slowly, but steadily, to 200 students.
When the procedure of evaluating the accreditation files was re-opened, CIT updated its accreditation files, which included an institutional accreditation file and six programmatic accreditation files. CIT was among the first academic institutions to obtain the institutional accreditation and six programmatic accreditations. Currently CIT offers seven programs of studies. Once the seventh program will have students in the final year, CIT will submit the seventh file, as having students in the final year is a condition for applying for a programmatic accreditation.
In February 2016, CIT submitted an application to open four additional programs: two Bachelor and two Master programs. These programs have already been approved and a license was delivered in December 2016 by the Ministry of Education (Decision no. 564; 565; 566; 567, dated 02.12.2016).
“Canadian Institute of Technology” is organized in two faculties:
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Economy
Faculty of Engineering is composed of these units:
- Department of Software Engineering
- Department of Industrial Engineering
- Department of Computer Engineering and IT
- Scientific Research Unit “CIRD Engineering”
Faculty of Economy is composed of these units:
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Business Administration and Information Technology
- Department of Finance and Accounting
- Scientific Research Unit “CIRD Economy”
“CIT” has participated in international activities and has organized 10 international conferences during 2011-2018:
- On 23-24 March, 2012 in collaboration with La Sapienza University, CIT organised conducted an international conference, “2nd International Conference on Human and Social Sciences ICHSS 2012”;
- On 16 November, 2012, CIT organised an international conference, “Technological Albania on the Hundredth Anniversary of Independence”;
- On 19-20 April, 2013 CIT organised an international conference, “International Conference on Sustainable Development” in collaboration with the European Centre of Sustainable Development;
- On 2-4 May, 2013, CIT organised an international conference, “Nation, Nationality, Nationhood: What is in a name?”;
- On 14 June, 2013, CIT, in collaboration with Microsoft, organised a conference, “Excel-based Decision Support Systems for Enterprise Management and Optimization”;
- On March 2014, CIT, in collaboration with Tirana Forum for Economic Freedom, organized “A po rikthehet etatizmi? (Is Etatism Back?)”;
- On 24-25 April, 2015, CIT, in collaboration with UET, organised an international conference, “Financing Development – credit to Economy and Diversification of Financing Sources for Business Development”.
- On 26-28 November 2015, “Conference on Educational Technology” – CIT in collaboration with ASSE, 3rd International Conferenceon British and American Studies.
- On 15-16 October 2016, “1st International Conference on European Integration, ICEI′16” a collaboration between CIT and Universiteti Pavaresia, Vlorë.
- On 6th of May 2017, “Conference in Computing, Information Technology and Business Applications” (ICCITBA), collaboration between Public University Aleksander Moisiu, Durres and CIT.
CIT number of students
|No. of students 2016-2017||I year||II year||III year||Total|
|TOTAL NUMBER OF STUDETS||169||187||37||393|
|FACULTY OF ECONOMY||59||78||16||153|
|FACULTY OF ENGINEERING||110||109||21||240|
|* Bachelor and Master Students|