Job Description Summary
Canadian Institute of Technology is looking for staff to serve as the Cleaner.
We are seeking a professional cleaner to perform a variety of cleaning and maintenance duties. The cleaner will be in charge of maintaining all public and private spaces to employer standards. Duties will include classes, offices and common spaces cleaning. Attention to detail and a positive attitude a must. The right person is punctual, thorough but fast, and eager to learn.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining the hygiene and cleaning all the institution areas, classes, equipment etc.
- Ensuring safe and sanitary storage and care of products.
- Keeping all public spaces neat and tidy.
- Reporting repairs and replacements needed when encountered on the job.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Ability to follow verbal directions and to work well alone and with a partner or team.
- Reliable and punctual with dedicated professionalism to job and duties
- Able to adapt to changing schedules or routines; excellent time management skills, pays attention to detail when cleaning, organized and able to follow a schedule
- High school diploma or equivalent; relevant experience; or knowledge, skills.
- Physically able to perform the daily routine, with ability to stand for long lengths of time.
- General knowledge of cleaning products, supplies, and techniques for cleaning
- Able to work on afternoon, weekends (Saturdays), and occasional holidays
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: The normal work schedule is Monday – Friday, 14:00-14.30 p.m.-21:00 p.m., and Saturdays morning until 40 hours per week are completed, however, occasional overtime may be required.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: The position is open until filled.
APPLICATION PROCESS: All Applicants are required to submit the following in PDF format at firstname.lastname@example.org, witting on the subject their name and the position they are applying for:
- Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae
- List of at least 2 professional references (names and contact information)
- An unofficial copy of the high school degree is acceptable during the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire.