Job Description Summary
Canadian Institute of Technology is looking for exceptional candidates to serve as Faculty Secretary
We are seeking a detail-oriented, effective, and experienced Faculty Secretary to join our growing team. You will also participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the institution.
- Maintains compliance with all applicable, state and institutional laws and guidelines;
- Develops, interprets and ensures compliance with University College policy related to function;
- Responds to externally mandated local, state, and regulatory requirements;
- Ensures integrity, accuracy and confidentiality for all student records;
- Coordinates development and enhancement of student information service support systems in coordination with faculty departments;
- Works closely with academic and administrative areas of the University College to provide support processes/functions necessary to maintain an excellent standard of services related to student record for students, faculty, staff and external clients;
- Uses ongoing process improvement methodologies to review and improve;
- Supports the faculty by typing, reviewing, and/or editing correspondence and other documents;
- Assists in preparation, copying, and collating of various class assignments, exams, articles, handbooks, correspondence, and other documents as requested;
- Provides support for various faculty projects including, but not limited to, compliance and reporting as assigned;
- Coordinates the ordering of textbooks for classes each semester;
- Engages internal and external audiences via telephone, email, and other modes of communication;
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned also completes other tasks as requested;
- Ensures effective and efficient processes to support service and enrollment goals;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
– Knowledge of norms, rules and customs of institution,
– Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations,
– Ability to work under pressure,
– Is efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations,
-Disposition and proven work ethic to handle busy work cycles that include evenings and weekends,
-Speaks and writes clearly and effectively in English,
-Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately,
-Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication,
-Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed when required,
Planning & Organizing:
-Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required,
-Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work,
-Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary.
– Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
– Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Academic degree /grade or equivalent from a higher education institution;
- Very good communication skills and ethical behavior;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excels etc.
- Demonstrated ability to perform a variety of tasks in a fast paced, professional office environment;
- Preferred previous experience in higher education exercising academic supporting tasks, students services, other clerical support etc.;
- English and Albanian are the working languages of the institution. Fluency in English is required for this position.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: The normal work schedule follows student’s presence in the in institution. Monday – Saturday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m., with a lunch break from 12.00 to 12.30, however, occasional overtime (weekends and evenings) may be required.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: The position is open until filled.
APPLICATION PROCESS: All Applicants are required to submit the following in PDF format at email@example.com, witting on the subject their name and the position they are applying for:
- Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae
- List of at least 2 professional references (names and contact information)
An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire.