Job Description Summary
Canadian Institute of Technology is looking for exceptional candidates to serve as the Faculty of Engineering Secretary.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Faculty of Engineering Secretary is responsible for the management of the secretary administrative tasks on a daily basis and to perform a variety of administrative and office tasks at Canadian Institute of Technology. Provide administrative and secretarial support to students, faculty, including special projects, office workflow, academic support, appointments, correspondence, grant proposals, budgets, data compilation and records control. The position requires independent judgment and knowledge of the college policies. Perform a variety of duties on own responsibility under conditions where there is little opportunity for direct supervision. Will frequently deal with students, department supervisors, and the public (community, outside reviewers, parents, visitors, etc.) You should also be able to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations. Multitasking and stress management skills are essential for this position. This role may require working in shifts, so flexibility is a plus.
• Maintain up-to-date student records, including student attendance; option choices;suspensions; student transfers, withdrawals, receiving information from the Undergraduate or Graduate School office
• Provide a reception service for answering student inquiries effectively or, where appropriate, referring the student to a more senior member of staff in order to resolve their inquiry.
• Provide administrative support to academic staff .
• Receive and respond to inquiries concerning departmental matters from staff, students, external organizations and members of the public, promptly and accurately.
• Typing and filing of documents including e- mails, letters, spreadsheets and Reports.
• Inform Personal Tutors and/or appropriate staff of circumstances affecting their tutees where appropriate.
• Updating university management system on weekly basis.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Proven work experience as a faculty secretary or other same field (at least two years)
• Solid written and verbal communication skills in Albanian and English(at least B1 level).
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office package.
• Previous administrative or secretarial experience working in a busy office
• Experience of working within the Higher Education sector
• Knowledge of University Regulations and QA procedures
• Experience of working with computerized database systems and of maintaining clear and accurate records
• Evidence of effective team working
• Experience of organizing a busy workload with sometimes conflicting priorities, to meet deadlines.
• Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. copy machines and printers)
• Professional attitude and appearance.
• Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
• Customer service attitude.
• Master degree and proven work ethic to handle busy work cycles that include evenings and weekends.
1. Master Degree in Economics, Business Administration or other related fields .
2. At least two year of similar or other administrative experience at the level of assistant.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 12.10.2019
APPLICATION PROCESS: All Applicants are required to submit the following in PDF format
at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com witting on the subject their name and the position
they are applying for :
• Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae
• List of at least 2 references (names and contact information)
• An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process.
For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire.