Department: Finance department
Reports to: College Administrator.
Weekly working hours: 40 hr/wk
Location: Canadian Institute of Technology, Xhanfize Keko Street, No. 12, Tirana, Albania.
Job Description Summary
The University College Head of Finance Office is responsible and supports all the operations on the Finance Department of Canadian Institute of Technology and also is responsible for processing transactions according to policies and procedures while meeting the service needs of the Finance department. He is responsible for providing front-line support to students and other visitors to the Finance office ensuring a professional and positive customer experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements all financial procedures as required by the College Administrator.
- Represent Finance in a professional manner while providing excellent customer service to visitors.
- Compiles periodic financial analysis with respective suggestions.
- Administers the procedures and preserves the documents in accordance with laws of the Republic of Albania and institutional Statute, Regulation, orders of rector and College Administrator.
- Provide back-up support to issue and account for payments to vendors, employees, students and other individuals in various currencies and prepare payment transactions, including issuing draft payments.
- Covers all processes of Finance Department from issuing invoices, registering all documents in financial programs, declarations and payments for state institutions, staff, products and services etc.
- Enter routine financial transactions in a timely manner, verifying accuracy, approvals and ensuring appropriate policies are applied.
- Computes taxes.
- Calculates scholarships.
- Compiles with all company, local, state, accounting and financial regulations.
- Compiles, analyzes, and reports financial data.
- Creates periodic reports, such as balance sheets, profit & loss statements, etc.
- Presents data to managers, and other entities as required.
- Maintains accurate financial records.
- Performs audits and resolving discrepancies.
- Aligns with faculty secretaries for fees, scholarships and every other necessary information.
- Keeps informed about current legislation relating to finance and accounting.
- Is responsible for maintaining the inventory of institution’s furniture, materials and equipment of offices and classes and administer their distribution to departments and institution’s environments.
- Assists management in the decision-making process by preparing budgets and financial forecasts.
- Stores all materials provided by the institution until they are distributed among offices and staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned and related to the job position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
-Strong analytical, communication, and computer skills.
-Understanding of mathematics and accounting and financial processes.
-Attention to detail.
-Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations.
-Ability to work under pressure.
-Is efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
-Disposition and proven work ethic to handle busy work cycles that include evenings and weekends.
-Speaks and writes clearly and effectively in English.
-Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately.
-Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
-Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed when required.
-Proven experience as marketing specialist or similar role
-Solid computer skills, including MS Office. –
-Well-organized and detail oriented.
-Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required.
-Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work.
-Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary.
– Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
– Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Accredited university Master’s degree or equivalent degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- A minimum of three years of experience in a similar position.
- Professional licenses or certifications are a plus.
- English and Albanian are the working languages of the institution. Fluency in English is required for this position
Normal work schedule: The normal work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m., with a lunch break from 12.00 to 12.30, however, occasional overtime (weekends and evenings) may be required.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: The application will be open, until the position is filled
APPLICATION PROCESS: All Applicants are required to submit the following in PDF format at [email protected], witting on the subject their name and the position they are applying for:
- Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae
- List of at least 2 professional references (names and contact information)
- An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process.