Head of IT Department VacancySeptember 25, 2021 2022-01-21 8:31
Head of IT Department Vacancy
Head of IT Department Vacancy
Job Title: Head of IT Department
Department: IT Department
Reports to: College Administrator.
Weekly working hours: 40 hrs/wk
Location: Canadian Institute of Technology, “Xhanfize Keko” Street, No. 12, Tirana, Albania.
Job Description Summary
The Head of IT Department of Canadian Institute of Technology will lead the development and
implementation of IT office projects and daily procedures. He/she will use his expertise to monitor,
and maintain the IT systems. He/she will focus on specific computer network, database, or
systems administration. He/she will install, configure, service, repair and maintain information
technology systems. He will also participate in technical research and development to enable
continuing innovation within the organization and ensure that system hardware, operating
systems, and software systems are fully operational.
Duties and Responsibilities:
▪ Lead and Organizes the day-to-day work on the IT Department.
▪ Provides applicable programs and softwares in accordance with the standards and needs of
databases for students and staff.
▪ Administers the network, devices and servers of the institution.
▪ Follows up the IT Data network support and maintenance.
▪ Configures and administer Linux Systems (Mail server, Samba File Sharing, Clone Zilla etc.)
▪ Installs and configure new PCs, wireless access point, routers, printers, multifunctional
machines and peripherals.
▪ Manages the flow of network operating systems of the institution.
▪ Is responsible for the protection and the security of devices and systems using appropriate
and updated antivirus programs.
▪ Is responsible/predisposed at any time and taking actions for any failure on the devices.
▪ Installs and assists with the installation of communication hardware and wiring, MS Office
package, Google Apps, Windows etc. assistance and training for institution employees.
▪ Develops hardware and networking configuration plans for Information Security and System
Management, supervise and check procedures (workflow) in IS and System Management
▪ Diagnoses, troubleshoot and solve critical problems in computers, printers, wired and wireless
▪ Participates in the preparation of projects of networks as LAN, WAN, EPN, Internet and
▪ Prepares written and verbal high-quality reports.
▪ Assists staff in understanding and making use of new improvement of technology.
▪ Prepares and develop training materials for final users to ensure a positive and useful
▪ Identifies opportunities that can improve the efficiency of respective processes.
▪ Performs other duties as assigned, related to their field of competences.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
– Knowledge of norms, rules and customs of institution.
– Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations.
– Is efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines; shows persistence when faced with
difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
– Disposition and proven work ethic to handle busy work cycles that include evenings and
– Speaks and writes clearly and effectively in English.
– Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately.
– Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
– Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed when required.
– Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required.
– Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work.
– Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary.
– Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
– Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team
• Accredited university degree Master diploma in Software Engineering, Computer
Engineering or a related field.
• A minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in information
technology or in the field.
• Knowledge of hardware technology and concept.
• English and Albanian are the working languages of the institution. Fluency in English is
required for this position.
Normal work schedule: The normal work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m., with
a lunch break from 12.00 to 12.30, however, occasional overtime (weekends and evenings) may be