ADMISSION CRITERIA AT CIT – Academic Year 2017-2018
Admission criteria of students of Bachelor level
Canadian Institute of Technology has an open system in the study programs offered.
Canadian Institute of Technology requires that all new students fill an application form in order to be accepted in one of the programs offered by CIT. This form can be filled on-line or in the premises of Admission Office in CIT.
Requirements to be registered at the “Canadian Institute of Technology”:
Finished the high school with successful results in the obligatory and elective exams of the State Matura, and are equipped with the respective diploma in the Republic of Albania. Candidates that have finished the Matura before year 2011, they are not obliged to have completed the selective exams;
- Have completed the high school before year 2006 with successful results and are equipped with the Maturity Diploma;
- Have successfully completed the higher education abroad and are equipped with the respective diploma, and have their diploma recognized (equivalence) in the MAS.
Students will classify to be admitted in one of the study programs if they meet the following criteria:
- Diploma of High School (exam of the State Matura), or its equivalent recognized by the Ministry of Education and Sports.
- High school GPA 6.0 and above.
- For all students who have same average and to get a more accurate rankings of candidates for students, CIT will apply the following formula:
70% Average grade of high school, for all years and 30% the average grade of group subjects rated as important for each study program.
30% of the group subjects for the Faculty of Economy will consist of:
30% of the group subjects for the Faculty of Engineering will consist of:
English Language Criteria
Candidate for student must have an average grade 6 and above of English language of the mandatory or elective exam testing of the State Matura, and/or according to an international equivalent test, known by MAS.
The candidate that has attended studies and owns a High School Diploma in English language, is not obliged to fulfill the English language criteria.
All applicants must submit the following documentation in order to finalize the registration procedure in the Canadian Institute of Technology:
- The field application form, on-line and printed.
- Diploma of the State Matura along with the grade certificate or the photocopy certified same as the original, certified by the relevant local education unit (DAR/ZA).
- Candidates who have successfully completed high school before 2006 should present the Maturity Diploma (the original or its photocopy certified same as the original certified same as the original, confirmed by the relevant local education unit (DAR/ZA).
- If candidates do not possess a diploma of high school must submit a duplicate of the Maturity Diploma, issued by the Directorate of High School where the school was completed, and certified by the relevant education unit (DAR/ZA), or a document issued by the State Archive along with the grade transcripts.
- Candidates that have completed their high school studies abroad should submit:
- The document of recognition released by the MAS, along with the copy as per original certified as per original in the Republic of Albania, translated in the Albanian language.
- If issued in foreign language the state Maturity Diploma along with the grade transcript, or diploma of the high school gained in the respective country, along with the grade transcript, legalized by the governing authorities, local or governmental where the studies are carried recognized by the Republic of Albania
- Or a document released by the competent authorities on which was based the recognition by the MAS.
- An identification document (photocopy of the passport or the ID card).
- Receipt of the payment of registration
- Residence Permit from the Ministry of the Interiors for foreign students.
- 4 photos
- Forensic attestation
- Filled statement that are not registered in other University
* Candidates of Albanian nationality from the territories outside the borders of the country, such as Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Presevo – Medvegjë, are subject to the same procedures and criteria together with the Albanian candidates within the country