Job Vacancies/LawyerSeptember 26, 2022 2022-10-03 13:38
Department: Law Office
Reports to: College Administrator.
Weekly working hours: 40 hr/wk
Location: Canadian Institute of Technology, Xhanfize Keko Street, No. 12, Tirana, Albania.
Job Description Summary
The Lawyer of Canadian institute of Technology should have brilliant research and analytical skills, is expected to display sound judgment and decision-making with outstanding problem-solving and communication skills. To ensure success, it should be determined, professional and well informed with a keen interest in upholding the law while protecting the institution’s rights and should display natural leadership qualities with fantastic interpersonal, written and public speaking skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs legal research to determine how the institution should respect the legal frame in processes, documents and procedures.
- Drafts legal and institutional documents object of law restrictions, such as contracts with third parties, employment contracts, procedures of the institution etc.
- Renders legal advices.
- Explains the law in every situation, procedure and drafting of documents and gives legal advice.
- Monitors legal risk in documentation and gives guidance on the acceptable assumption of risk.
- Interprets laws, rulings and regulations for the institution.
- Conducts legal research and gather evidence in interest of the institution’s cases.
- Ensures that appropriate approvals are in place before documents are executed.
- Offers legal representation to the institution.
- Drafts, reviews and manages contracts and all forms used by the institution.
- Manages regulatory and compliance-related services.
- Facilitates innovative solutions to the company problems.
- Offers preparation of documents legal representation to the institution in court proceedings.
- Prepares notices, claims, requests and every other material of the institution for the court, and makes appearances in court representing the institution.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
-Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
-Honesty and trustworthiness.
-Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills.
-Natural leader who displays sound judgment and attention to detail.
-Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
-Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
-Excellent interpersonal, communication and public speaking skills.
– Knowledge of norms, rules and customs of institution.
– Knowledge of administrative and academic procedures and practices of institution concerning the job position.
– Ability to apply various administrative rules and regulations in work situations.
– Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations.
– Is efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
-Disposition and proven work ethic to handle busy work cycles that include evenings and weekends.
-Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately.
-Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
-Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience.
-Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed when required.
-Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required.
-Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work.
-Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary.
– Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
– Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Master in Law.
- English and Albanian are the working languages of the institution. Fluency in English is required for this position.
- At least five years of previous experience in the field and/or similar position (Should be familiar with the Albanian Law and bylaws of Higher Education).
- Experience in drafting, negotiating and reviewing legal documents.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: The normal work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m., with a lunch break from 12.00 to 12.30, however, occasional overtime (weekends and evenings) may be required.
APPLICATION PROCESS: All Applicants are required to submit the following in PDF format at firstname.lastname@example.org, witting on the subject, their name and the position they are applying for:
- Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae
- An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The position is open until October 4, 2022.
The review of applications will begin immediately.