Human Resource Manager
Job Description Summary
Canadian Institute of Technology is looking for exceptional candidates to serve as Human Resource Manager
We are seeking an experienced, effective, and enthusiastic Human Resource Manager, to lead and direct the functions of Human Resource Department at our institution.
- Plans, organizes, and controls the activities and actions of the HR department
- Contributes to the development of HR department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Creates learning and development plans and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Develops, interprets and ensures compliance with University College policy related to function.
- Responds to externally mandated local, state, and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures integrity, accuracy and confidentiality for all staff records.
- Creates and revises job descriptions.
- Conducts annual salary surveys.
- Develops, analyzes, and updates the Institution’s salary budget.
- Develops, revises, and recommends personnel policies evaluating process and procedures.
- Oversees and administers forms and procedures submitted by Head of Departments (in case of Academic Staff) for the recruitment for all personnel, including writing job ads.
- Conducts new employee orientations and employee relations counseling.
- Organizes and oversees interviews.
- Maintains department files and records according the law.
- If necessary, prepares employment contracts in collaboration with Law Office.
- Recommends new policies, approaches, and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
– Knowledge of norms, rules and customs of institution.
– Knowledge of administrative and academic procedures and practices of institution concerning the job position.
– Ability to apply various administrative rules and regulations in work situations.
– Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations.
– Is efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
-Disposition and proven work ethic to handle busy work cycles that include evenings and weekends.
-Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately.
-Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
-Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience.
-Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed when required.
-Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required.
-Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work.
-Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary.
– Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
– Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Master of Science in Administration/ Management, or Human Resource Management
- Excellent communication skills
- At least three years previous experience in general management or human resources management.
- Preferred previous experience in higher education exercising academic supporting tasks
- Trainings and/or specializations related to staff recruitment, motivation etc. also human resources recent updated studies and politics, etc. (is a plus).
- Demonstrated ability to perform a variety of tasks in a fast paced, professional office environment
- English and Albanian are the working languages of the institution. Fluency in English is required for this position.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: The normal work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m., with a lunch break from 12.00 to 12.30, however, occasional overtime (weekends and evenings) may be required.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: The position will be open until May 30th 2021
APPLICATION PROCESS: All Applicants are required to submit the following in PDF format at firstname.lastname@example.org, witting on the subject their name and the position they are applying for:
- Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae
- List of at least 2 professional references (names and contact information)
- An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire.