“Canadian Institute of Technology” (“C.I.T.”), a newly established Higher education institution in Tirana, is an innovative institution based on an international model of higher education. English is the primary language of instruction and administration. CIT offers programs in Business Administration, Business Administration and Information Technology, Software Engineering and Telecommunication Engineering.
The Faculty of Engineering of “C.I.T.” would like to announce new vacant positions in the capacity, but not limited, of:
COMPUTER ENGINEERING, COMPUTER SCIENCES, (the candidate is expected to teach the following courses: Principles, Methods and Tools for Software Testing, Database Design and Administration, Information and Communication Security, Database Design and Administration, Soft Computing and Intelligent Systems, Advanced Data Mining, Foundation of Data Analytics and Data Science, etc. Advanced Java Programming, Advanced Software Systems Development, Software Architecture Systems, etc.).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED)
Suitable candidates are expected to have research interest and experience in teaching the following areas:
- Software Engineering
- Software Testing and Quality Assurance
- Requirements Engineering
- Software Security
- Distributed System
- Concurrent programming
- Database Design
- Information Security
- Data Mining
- Data Analytics and Data Science
ELECTRICAL AND/OR ELECTRONICS (the candidate is expected to teach the following courses: Electrical circuits, Electronics/logics circuits, Engineering Fundamentals, System Dynamics, etc..).
The positions require teaching diverse undergraduate and graduate students, conducting projects and the ability to guide students in research projects.
- A Professor/Assoc. Prof. Title, PhD Degree in the field or closely-related disciplines from an accredited institution of higher education/reputable Western university preferred. A Master’s degree with good teaching experience may be considered especially in teaching freshman and sophomore courses and laboratory modules (for data scientist and Software Engineering positions).
- Suitable candidates should have a minimum 2-3 years teaching experience after the terminal degree with good research experience, including publications in international Journals and Conferences.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to translate theories and concepts into practical applications.
- The ability to teach in English (English certificate, minimum level C1 obtained from TOEIC, TOEFL or British Council or a Diploma of studies in at least 1 cycle of studies in English and should be familiar with technology infused academic environments.
The applicant should be committed to innovative teaching methodologies and student-centered learning. Experience in working with second-language learners or in international academic contexts is an asset.
Please apply sending by email at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- a cover letter (specify which courses or areas you are interested in teaching)
- an updated Euro pass Model CV in English
The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the positions are filled.
Position start date: Fall 2020.