Software Engineer, Web Programmer
Job Description Summary
Canadian Institute of Technology is looking for exceptional candidates to serve as the. Software Engineer / Web Programmer
We are seeking a detail-oriented, effective, and experienced Software Engineer to join our growing team. In this position, you will use your expertise to design , develop and maintain different web or software applications based on the requirement of the institution. You will also participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the organization and ensure that existing web applications and software systems are fully operational and updated.
- Website and software application designing, building, or maintaining.
- Using scripting or authoring languages, management tools, content creation tools, applications and digital media.
- Conferring with teams to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Directing or performing Website updates.
- Developing or validating test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Editing, writing, or designing Website content, and directing team members who produce content.
- Prepare written and verbal high-quality reports,
- Assist staff in understanding and making use of new improvement of technology,
- Prepare and develop training materials for final users to ensure a positive and useful experience.
- Identify opportunities that can improve the efficiency of respective processes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
– Knowledge of norms, rules and customs of institution.
– Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations.
– Ability to work under pressure.
– Is efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
-Disposition and proven work ethic to handle busy work cycles that include evenings and weekends.
-Speaks and writes clearly and effectively in English
-Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately
-Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication
-Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed when required.
Planning & Organizing:
-Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required
-Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work
-Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary.
– Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
– Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Accredited university degree Bachelor diploma in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related field.
- Excellent knowledge and experience on PHP and MySQL(PostgreSQL)
- Excellent knowledge on Laravel, Bootstrap and Spring frameworks
- Experience with C#, Java, or similar object-oriented language is preferred
- Basic knowledge in Linux Server Administration: Ubuntu, Red Hat and CentOS.
- A minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in information technology or in the field.
- Knowledge of hardware technology and concept.
- English and Albanian are the working languages of the institution. Fluency in English is required for this position.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: The normal work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m., with a lunch break from 12.00 to 12.30, however, occasional overtime (weekends and evenings) may be required.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: The position is open until filled.
APPLICATION PROCESS: All Applicants are required to submit the following in PDF format at firstname.lastname@example.org, witting on the subject their name and the position they are applying for:
- Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae
- List of at least 2 professional references (names and contact information)
- An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire.