Librarian Specialist VacancyJune 19, 2023 2023-06-19 11:41
Librarian Specialist Vacancy
Librarian Specialist Vacancy
Weekly working hours: 40 hr/week
Location: Canadian Institute of Technology, Xhanfize Keko Street, No. 12, Tirana, Albania.
Job Description Summary
The University College Librarian is responsible for all the operations of Canadian Institute of Technology digital and physical collections and library services for students and staff and reports to the Institution Administrator.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Organizes the work in the institution’s Library,
- Organizes and manages the database of Lecturer’s and student’s scientific research works when in library and assists them with the relevant literature,
- Collaborates with faculty, staff and students to assess, create, oversee and leverage innovative collections,
- Delivers information services through reference, bibliographic instruction, searching of electronic resources, and through the creation of research and collection guides,
- Prepares and recommends annual budget of the library; monitor budget expenditures; solicit alternative funding sources,
- Attends in the purchase and acquisition of books and orders for the required literature from the academic staff,
- Actively participates in professional organizations that directly impact the library’s evolution and the professional development of the staff,
- Serves as college contact for copyright and Intellectual Property queries, raise awareness of copyright issues in classrooms and with materials, facilitate the negotiation of intellectual rights management and obtaining of permissions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Very good organizational skills: meet deadlines and proven work ethic
- Very good communication skills (written and oral) in English and Albanian,
- Capability to deliver consistently high-quality work,
- Tact and discretion, respecting confidentiality,
- Active listening, well-organized and detail oriented,
- Build and maintain relationships with colleagues and work as an excellent member of a team in a diverse international setting.
- Accredited university Bachelor degree in History, Linguistics or a related field,
- A minimum of two years of experience in a similar position; additional specific skills/specializations are highly preferred,
- English and Albanian are the working languages of the institution. Fluency in English is required for this position.
Normal work schedule: The work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.-16:30, with a lunch break of 30 minutes.
Application Deadline Date: The application will be open, until the position is filled
Application Process: All Applicants are required to submit the following in PDF format at [email protected], witting on the subject their name and the position they are applying for:
- Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae
- 1 professional reference letter (names and contact information)